“How can I make money when I am under 18?”
And when she moved, she found another similar job in a new area and worked there for 18 monthsall for cash under the table! List of Proven, Easy and Real Jobs That Pay Under the Table. Here is a list of under the table jobs that’ll help you earn some quick cash. There’s a variety, so plenty of opportunity depending on your abilities.
That’s a question I get asked a lot.
We’ve already shared many ways for teens to earn money online.
But many of our younger readers want a narrowed down list of some of legitimate work from home jobs for kids.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test new products & earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Usually, when they email me asking for my favorites, I send them a list of sites that anyone under 18 can use to earn some extra cash without being scammed.
But since I’ve been getting a lot of those emails recently, I decided to put together a list of 5 of my favorite money making sites for kids and publish on MP for all our readers to enjoy.
How Teenagers Can Make Money at Home
These are sites that I have used myself and know to be legitimate and paying sites.
With these sites, in general, the age limit is 14, but there are also some who admit members as young as 13.
So, if you’re a kid between 13 and 18 years of age, you’re in luck.
1. Survey Savvy
- Where to sign up: SurveySavvy.com
- Age to qualify: at least 13
Survey Savvy is one of my favorite survey sites not only because it pays cash and is one of the highest paying survey sites, but also because it has a fantastic referral system where you earn a dollar for every survey your friends and family complete.
You get paid to take surveys about a wide variety of products and services.
What kind of products?
- Video games
- And more
What I especially like about SurveySavvy is that it pays cash for every single survey.
There are no points to keep track of.
There is no converting points to cash.
And best of all, you can request a check even if you only have $1 in your account.
Now, if you want to make money without taking surveys, SurveySavvy has a program called SavvyConnect where you can earn $180 just for installing their free app.
There are other benefits as well.
For example, as a member of SavvyConnect, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in more high-paying surveys (if you like to participate).
And, your SurveySavvy checks will be processed faster than members who aren’t part of SavvyConnect.
I have shared the details in a recent review of Savvy Connect program.
2. Ipsos iSay
- Where to sign up: IpsosiSay.com
- Age to qualify: at least 14
I-Say used to be among the biggest online survey company for the mainstream market.
Today they still have a significant presence on the web, and more importantly, they have surveys that target the young ones, with opportunities abound every day.
With Ipsos you can earn money in a few ways:
- Taking part in daily polls
- Taking available surveys
- And referring your friends and family
You earn points that can be redeemed for various prizes including gift cards and PayPal payments.
They also have an exciting feature known as the “Loyalty Program.”
Loyalty Program basically rewards active members by giving them bonus points.
For example, for every 5 surveys you take, you earn an extra 25 bonus points.
This is on top of the original points you earn for taking the survey.
It’s like getting paid for getting paid!
3. Global Test Market
- Where to sign up: GlobalTestMarket.com
- Age to qualify: at least 14
GTM is one of the longest running online survey panels and one of the most trusted ones.
One of the most common complaints from people who take surveys for money is that they don’t receive nearly enough survey invites.
Well, that problem is nonexistent with Global Test Market.
They have the highest number of available surveys out of all the survey sites that I have tried (and I’m a member of a lot of survey sites!)
I remember (when I had more time and was more active on the site) taking 3-5 surveys for GTM daily, each paying anywhere from $0.50 to $5.
Now, you are paid in points (1 point = approximately ¢5) and you can cash out once you have at least 1000 points.
You can redeem your earnings for PayPal payments, as well as gift cards for many online and offline retailers.
GTM is one of the few survey sites that makes it very easy to reach the cash out threshold thanks to the number of available surveys they seem to always have.
- Where to sign up: Swagbucks.com
- Age to qualify: at least 13
If you’ve been trying to make some extra cash online, you probably have heard of Swagbucks by now.
If not, well, it’s a site that rewards you for doing things you already do online:
- playing games
- watching videos
- taking surveys
It’s the most famous online reward and loyalty program. They have been featured on some of the top websites, TV shows, newspapers, and radio shows.
For every activity you do, you earn points which are referred to as Swag Bucks.
You can redeem your Swag Bucks for all kinds of prizes, including PayPal payments and gift cards (Amazon, eBay, Target, Walmart, and many more.)
- Where to sign up: CashCrate.com
- Age to qualify: at least 13
CashCrate is another online reward program that has been around much longer than many others.
It also pays you for taking surveys, shopping, trying offers, etc.
They are the first and only reward site (that I know of) that have a dedicated section called the “Payment Wall” where members post pictures of checks they received from CashCrate.
There is also a referral program.
Not only you get paid for your own activities, but you also get paid for your referral’s activities as well.
You get paid 20% of what your referrals make and 10% of what their referrals make.
The only thing I don’t like about CashCrate is their minimum requirement for cashing out.
You need to $20 to cash out which is paid to you with a check.
Granted, with so many offers and ways to make money on CC, it’s not that hard to reach the cash out threshold.
There you have it, 5 of my favorite sites for anyone under 18 to make extra money.
Being 15, 16, 17, or 18 you could probably get a job at McDonalds down the street but then you have to work when they tell you to work and get paid minimum wage. Why not take things in your own hands? There are tons of needs and services all over from family members to neighbors that are willing to pay to have them done. How about you work when you want to and make what you want to.
For How To Make Money As A 15, 16, 17 and 18-year-old
#1 Swagbucks– Swagbucks is the most popular way to make money online as a teen (age 13+). You can take surveys, watch videos, or just search for stuff online. Make $100 fast in my Swagbucks review.
#2 Snagajob– Snagajob is the most popular way for teens to find a job fast. Learn how to find a job in 60 seconds in my Snagajob Review. Just remember, “Work to learn, not to earn.”
#3 Start A Website– Now is your chance to share your inner-remarkability with the world by starting a website. Share your passion and earn money while you sleep. Learn how to start a website as a kid and teen.
#4Babysitting– Learn how to babysit, how to get babysitting jobs so you can enjoy the freedom of having your own money. Here are the best babysitting tips and resources to help you become a successful babysitter. Learn about the Babysitting Business Academy.
#5 CashCrate– CashCrate works great for making money online as a teen. Check out my CashCrate Review so you can make $100 on CashCrate.
#6 Fundraising– Schools and sports teams do fundraisers all the time to make loads of money. You probably have already participated in one. Why not try a fundraiser just for yourself.
#7 Dog Service- Make money walking dogs, scooping poop, or house sitting or do all three at the same time and really start raking in the dough. This is a sweet money maker for a busy teen.
#8 Lemonade– Little too old to sell lemonade? No problem sell mixed soda drinks instead of lemonade.
#9 Car Cleaning– Clean people’s cars twice a month to make consistent cash. Everyone has cars and everyone needs them cleaned often.
#10 Mow Lawns- Lawn Mowing Guide Coming Soon!!Mow lawns once a week for people who don’t want to or don’t have time.
#11 Music Lessons– Have you spent years learning how to play an instrument. Now it’s time to start reaping the reward of all that hard work. Learn how to teach music lessons to make money.
Money Earned At A Job
#12 Bake Sale– Set up a table with baked goods at a public place, garage sale or local city event. Learn the secret ingredient for how to have a successful bake sale from the Bake Sale King. (Hint, rummage sale)
#13T-Shirt Business- Have you ever considered starting your own line of clothing? Or maybe you want some custom shirts for your club or team. Learn how to make money starting a t-shirt business.
If didn’t already find a great way to make the money you need and want don’t worry we have over 200+ more ideas below. Just keep looking or download the entire list for free. Tons of kids have found success by starting with our free mini course called How To Make Money As A Kid 101 in the Cash Academy.
Money Earned On Youtube
Join the Cash Academy Today
- Peephole Installer- Peepholes are those little look through holes in your front door. Install peepholes on doors that don’t have them or install a lower one for kids.
- Animal Control– Rodents are a big problem in areas next to mountains or fields. Catch and remove rats, mice, gophers, raccoons and squirrels from people’s property.
- Carpet Cleaner– Carpets should be cleaned every six months. Rent a Rug Doctor from Walmart to clean carpets or just do spot cleaning in homes.
- Hanging Up Pictures- Hang up pictures for women in your neighborhood. Most pictures come with a weak hook that holds them to the wall. Install a wire from two screws on the frame to make the picture more secure to the wall.
- Dispose of Christmas Trees– After Christmas people need to get rid of their Christmas trees. Offer to haul them off. This is a great idea for how to make money over winter break.
- Christmas Lights- Put up Christmas lights before Christmas.
- Flag Pole Installation- Install permanent flagpoles in people’s yards.
- Air Filter Changer– Change out air filters in homes every 3 months.
- ATV Cleaner and Maintainer– Clean ATVs after a ride and change out air filters oil regularly for owners.
- Nanning– Take care of kids full-time and be a nanny.
- Run Errands– Since you can drive run errands for moms. Get groceries, do returns, drive kids to sports and music lessons.
- Home Cook– Cook dinners for people in their homes.
- Landscaping- Install water features, fire pits, rock walls or whatever landscaping people need done.
- Sprinklers- Repair and adjust sprinklers for homeowners in the spring and summer.
- Yard Maintenance- Use one or more of these ideas to start earning money as a full yard maintenance service.
- Laying Sod or Planting Grass Seed- Plant grass seed or help lay sod.
- Build a Sandbox- Build a custom sandbox for people for their kids. Install a cover so cats don’t use it as a litter box.
- Swing Set Installation- Sell and install or just install swing sets for people with kids.
- Dove Releasing Service- Raise white homing pigeons and release them at events like weddings and funerals.
- Petting Zoo- Take all your pets to a park and charge admission to your own petting zoo.
- Pet Groomer- Go to people’s homes and groom their pets.
- Hunting Guide– If you love to hunt rent out yourself and your dog as a hunting guide.
- Oil Change- Change car oil every three months for people in your neighborhood.
- Windshield Crack Repair- Repair cracks in windshields.
- Graphic Design- Learn graphic design and do freelance work for people or small businesses.
- Sell VoIP Phone- Set up a VoIP telephone service by installing Obi boxes for people’s home phone.
- Computer Maintenance and Repair- Fix and repair computers. Clean them up and make them run better.
- Fix and Re-sell TVs and Computer Monitors- Collect old TVs and computer monitors, fix and resell them.
- DJ- DJ for a local wedding or event.
- Host a Dance- Set up a dance and charge admission in your yard or parking lot.
- Hair Cutting- Learn how to cut hair and cut other kids hair.
- Custom Home Decorations- Make home decorations and sell them to boutiques.
- Re-purpose Furniture- Collect old furniture, paint and resell for a higher price.
- Dog Houses- Make and sell custom doghouses to dog owners.
- Chicken Tractors- Make and sell custom portable chicken coops for people’s backyard chickens.
- Swim Lessons- Teach swimming lessons to kids at your pool or at a neighbor’s pool.
- Assassin Game- Get a group together and charge to play an assassin game. The object of the game is to assassinate the person you have before someone assassinates you with silly string. Last one left wins. Whoever wins gets a cash prize but you can keep the rest.
- Baby Homemade Kitchen- Re-purpose old entertainment centers into baby play kitchens.
Also, visit the how to make money as a kid categories below as you could do everything on those lists as well.
Download the entire list of over 200 ways to make money as a kid for free so you can work through the list with friends or your parents.